Friday, March 5, 2010

Here am I. Send me!

Then I heard a voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?", And I said, "Here am I.  Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8, NIV)

Ezena, an Assembly of God pastor, is married with 5 children, 3 boys and 2 girls ages 13 to 22.  He was born into a Christian family who “loved God” and continually taught him the way of the Lord. Ezena explained that one day he wanted to become a pastor and donor of care for the poor children “since Haiti is the poorest country in the Caribbean.” He continued to explain that it was in 1985 that God “called me for several times.” But at that time he resisted because misery was “in full swing on my family.” God continued to call him and he continued to refuse.

Then God told him that He would anoint him to preach the Good News and take care of poor children. So it was that in 1986 he finally accepted the call, and he began working in the harvest field as God had been asking of him. Thereafter, he said that he felt God’s blessing wherever he went in Haiti and he witnessed people accepting God into their lives. He added that there were many churches that he started but he could not “build” for lack of funds, so all the churches were “under straw.”

Although Pastor Ezena has never seen any solid church structures built under his pastorship, his compassion for the people led to the full-time physical, educational and ministerial care of abandoned and destitute children in the English South.  In Ezena's own words, he explains that, "Most of my time, I work on my projects because I wanted them to come true; a project of evangelization, training seminar for leaders and Evangelicals’ care for the poor orphans that I admire very much and I wanted to help all my heart."

God was working in Ezena's heart from a very young age, but it was not until 1986 when he answered the Lord - fully willing and ready for the Lord to "send him" - that God began to use him in a powerful way in Haiti!

And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humble with your God. (Micah 6:8, NIV)

1 comment:

  1. It has been difficult keeping clear eyes as I read these amazing blog entries. I am so thrilled that such a worthy program in Haiti has been identified and visited as is Brother Ezens's work. I am humbled that our son, Andrew, is on the front lines of God's work in Haiti. I send our love, prayers and few dollars. May The Lord's Blessings be with all of you - the leaders, helpers and children of the orphanage. Debbe N.

    ReplyDelete